by: Troy Williams
As we continue to navigate the journey to some sense of “normalcy” in our daily lives and in our time together in praising our Father, we are planning to reopen Children’s Church during Sunday Morning Worship Service. The following health and safety guidelines are based on CDC and PA Dept. of Education recommendations and are directly related to Children’s Church. These guidelines do not replace Calvary Church’s guidelines and plans for in-person gatherings, rather they are supplemental and specific to Children’s Church. As information relative to COVID-19 is constantly updating, adjustments to the guidelines will be made as necessary and we ask that common sense be used in the application of these guidelines.
- When preparing to attend an in-person gathering at Calvary Church, if anyone in your household is feeling any of the symptoms of COVID-19 or influenza (as we head into flus season), please stay home. While we greatly wish for you and your household to join the rest of your Calvary Church family in praising our Father, we want everyone to remain healthy and safe.
- When entering the building, all children are expected to remain with their parents or guardians until the appropriate time. When prompted, parents or guardians must escort their children to the Children’s Church Welcome Area in the lower level. Face coverings should be worn while walking through the building.
- Children’s Church teachers and volunteers will not be required to wear a face covering during children’s church. Face coverings worn by children will be at the discretion of their parents or guardians.
- Once the children are checked-in, parents and guardians are encouraged to return to the main sanctuary for the duration of the service.
- Parents and guardians must pick-up their children as soon as they are able to at the completion of the worship service.
- Only two classrooms will be used at this time. There is a class for K - 3rd grade and a class for 4th - 6th grades. Younger children should remain with parents or guardians.
- Seating in each classroom will be set up to support social distancing as much as possible.
- The nursery will remain closed at this time. A changing table is available in the lower level should it be required.
- Hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, and tissues are available in each classroom. Should your child not be able to use alcohol-based sanitizer, please inform the teacher or volunteer when checking-in your child.
- Coughing and sneezing etiquette, such as coughing or sneezing into the elbow or in a tissue, will be emphasized by teachers and volunteers.
- Hand washing will be emphasized to all children along with ample time to complete regular twenty-second hand washing.
- The lower level restrooms are reserved for Children’s Church use only.
- Every room will be properly cleaned and sanitized each week.
- Toys and stuffed animals will NOT be available in any classroom. We ask that children do not bring their own toys or stuffed animals with them into the classroom.
- Food and drink of any kind will not be served nor provided during children’s church. Children should not bring their own food in the classroom. If necessary, children can bring a water bottle into the classroom. Children will be instructed not to share their water bottle.
We are prepared to provide a healthy and safe environment for our Calvary Church children. As mentioned earlier, adjustments to these health and safety guidelines will be made as the need arises and as updated guidelines are provided by the CDC and proper Pennsylvania authorities.
Should you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or concerns relative to these health and safety guidelines for children’s church, please contact Pastor Troy or any other member of Consistory.