by: Troy Williams
On October 4, 2020, Children’s Church will resume for students in grades Kindergarten through Sixth. In light of this next step forward in our journey of managing in-person gatherings at Calvary Church, a separate document, Children’s Church Health and Safety Guidelines, offers the guidelines specific to Children’s Church. A copy of these guidelines is attached.
As a result of resuming Children’s Church, modifications to Calvary Church’s Guidelines and Plans for In-Person Gatherings had to be made to reflect this event.
The following are the Updated and Most Recent Guidelines and Plans for In-Person Gatherings:
- Attendance to our Sunday morning worship services are open to all members and visitors that wish to attend.
- When preparing to attend an in-person gathering at Calvary Church, if you or anyone in your household is feeling any of the symptoms of COVID-19 or influenza (as we head into flu season), or any other illness, please stay home. While we greatly wish for you and your household to join the rest of your Calvary Church family in praising our Father, we want everyone to remain healthy and safe.
- Live Streaming of Sunday morning worship services will continue. If you are unable to attend for any reason (health or otherwise), you can certainly stay home and enjoy the gatherings via the live stream. Recordings of each worship service and weekly sermons are posted on our website, www.calvarylebanon.org, to view at your leisure.
- The monthly “Stay for Lunch” and “Coffee Gatherings” remain on hold until further notice.
- The building continues to be properly sanitized and cleaned each week.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the sanctuary, bathrooms, and narthex.
- The sanctuary remains set up to accommodate social distancing practices. Individuals must remain six feet apart. Families that live together and attend service together may sit with one another, but the family must remain six feet apart from other families and individuals.
- When entering the building, please wear a face covering. Once seated, face coverings can be removed for the duration of the worship service. Should you need to leave your seat, please wear your face covering until you return to your seat.
- The restrooms adjacent to the narthex are monitored so that only one person or one family is in a restroom at one time.
- The lower level of the building is reserved for Children’s Church ONLY. This includes the fellowship hall, kitchen, classrooms, and restrooms in the lower level.
- The nursery remains closed at this time. Accommodations (including a changing table) can be made for infants and toddlers should the need arise.
- Offering plates are located at the front of the sanctuary. During the worship service, sections will be dismissed accordingly so that people can place their offerings and tithes into an offering plate while maintaining social distancing guidelines.
- After the service, please wear your face covering as you exit the building.
- If you wish to fellowship before or after the service, please do so while being mindful of social distancing guidelines.
- On the Sundays we celebrate Communion, fellowship cups (which are self-contained disposable cups that include juice and wafer) will be placed on the communion table so that individuals can take their own cup for their use.
- Prayer Meeting scheduled for the first Tuesday of each month will be held in-person in the sanctuary and will begin at 7:00 pm.
- The weekly Wednesday evening Bible Study will be held in-person in the sanctuary and begin at 7:00 pm.
- The Men’s Meeting scheduled for the fourth Thursday of each month will be held in-person in the sanctuary and begin at 6:45 pm.
- Moving forward, adjustments to these guidelines and plans will be made as the need arises and as updated guidelines are provided by the CDC and proper Pennsylvania authorities.
If you want counseling or prayer, or you just want to talk, Pastor Troy has resumed his normal office hours and he remains available for phone calls or Zoom calls. He can be reached by calling or texting 717-269-1487 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or concerns relative to the aforementioned actions and plans, please contact any member of Consistory.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.